Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Am Very Angry

There's this thing I wanted you to do--
You didn't do it!
Or you didn't do it correctly!
Now I'm very angry with you,
So angry I'm forced to tell you about it:

My emotional state should be approximately happy.
I should be content, satisfied, passive, sated.
Instead, I feel this void in my life
Where the happiness would be,
The happiness which would have resulted
From the thing you should have done
When I asked you to do it,

Goddammit.

If I use greater lung capacity,
Higher volume, and sharper enunciation,
Will you be persuaded not to make the same mistake again,
Or correct the mistake you've already made?

This is very taxing for me emotionally--
Scolding you like this--
So I hope something's getting through,
and I'm not dumping my inventory of passion
Into an unfeeling, uncaring, unsympathetic furnace.

I want you to squirm but not to cry.
Crying makes me feel like a cruel person,
So you need to shut up and absorb this berating
With a sufficiently anxious frown.

When I was a small child,
I often found myself monologuing in empty rooms.
I need you to be here to listen to this
Or I will look like a crazy person yelling at the wall.

My skull is filled with razor blades.
Did I say that out loud?
I want to eat your dumb eyeballs.
You're being so stupid right now.

1 comment:

  1. i was wondering...
    What is your favorite type of snack?

    As long as it’s not pickles from a bag,
    We'd probably get along just fine.
    (unless you’re just a dick in general).

    Some people think they’re pretty tasty
    (the pickles, I mean. we're back to that.)
    I’ve seen people buy them in line at the gas station and i’m always like, “Ew, nasty”
    I secretly judge those people.
    I just don’t get it...
    What do they enjoy about the pickles
    Besides that they’re convenient?

    One time i asked the owner of the corner store,
    "Sir, what is the target demographic for those pickles on the counter?"
    He said mainly truckers.

    ReplyDelete